Friday, April 23, 2010

Rolling Stone's new website

The music magazine giant revamped their website this week. As with most website makeovers, it'll take a while to get used to, but I think it's definitely a step in the right direction.

The scrolling news-fader at the top of the front page is a nice touch. I also believe it to be a lot easier to find the main news stories than it was in previous, more primitive times.

That being said, I still think the site could use a lot more video content, especially on the front page. This is 2010; video needs to be a huge part of news websites, no matter their specialization. Yeah, there are a few videos on the front page, but they're hard to find and not even that advertised. Rolling Stone seems to be a bit behind in this regard.

Ah, well. I still am digging the site. I think more changes should and will be made in the coming weeks, but it's good to see that Rolling Stone is actually doing something to change.

No comments:

Followers