Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Foxy Shazam: a band from Ohio to actually give a damn about

Is it just me, or do most bands from Ohio nowadays that get national attention, to put it blatantly, suck?

I mean, granted, perhaps it's just my musical tastes coming into play here, but what do we have to show for these past few years? Hawthorne Heights? The Devil Wears Prada? Hit the Lights? Come on, now. Why can't we have a My Morning Jacket? A Modest Mouse? A Kings of Leon? What gives? Sure, we've got the Black Keys and plenty of other indie bands but where's the star power?

Fear not though, my fellow Ohioans. Our saviors have arrived.

Foxy Shazam, a six-piece out of Cincinnati, released their new self-titled disc today. And the ensuing praise is nothing to shrug off as unimportant. These guys have the ability, no doubt, to take the music world by storm.

What's so great about Foxy Shazam? Well, let me give you a sample:




More can be found on Lala's site or through the earlier-provided link.

I'll let you judge for yourselves, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. This band is truly a breath of fresh air, and I believe that the music industry needed this.

P.S.: As an added bonus, check out this video. Also be looking for it on MTVU, where it's been getting a couple spins a day!

Yeah, these guys are nuts, it's official.

No comments:

Followers